What will you learn?
- an understanding of management system principles
- an understanding of the ISM Code as a management system model
- an understanding of risk and its management
- knowledge of the processes involved in the design, development, implementation and continual improvement of an effective system in the context of
- a practical approach to the interpretation and application of the ISM Code
- a thorough knowledge of the principles and practice of the conduct and reporting of audits.
- the history, background and implications of the ISM Code
- the content and objectives of the ISM Code
- administrations, recognised organisations and the certification regime
- management system concepts and principles
- interpretation of the requirements of the ISM Code and how a ship management company may achieve compliance
- demonstration of compliance with the requirements of the ISM Code by means of records and other objective evidence.
This course is equally suitable for those who have, or may have in the future, duties involving matters of safety and pollution prevention and who want to
develop a good grasp of how management systems can achieve these goals.